I try to set up vSphere replication and I would have some questions.
1. if I have two datacenters, and only one vCenter server, Should I have an instance of vSphere Replication Appliance in each data center?
2. If my network is segmented, using several vlans and networks, should i assign a NIC to the vSRA for each network?
3. vSRA is available only from the web client?
It can be installed from the old vsphere client.
the service for vsphere RA does not start automatically, so log on to the SRA and start it. It should appear in vCenter. Log out and in into vCenter to see the changes. It appears in the web client.
1. It is not required to have a VR appliance per datacenter. If you are talking about physical datacenters, you may want a VR appliance at each site if you are replicating VMs in both directions
2. No. The VR appliance only needs a single interface for management and replication traffic. In version 6.0 and higher you can configure a second interface to carry replication traffic if you want mgmt and replication separate.
3. It depends on the version, from version 5.5 (I think) on it requires the web client
Does this answer your questions?