VMware Cloud Community
koba12
Contributor
Contributor

vSphere replication 8.4 within a single vcenter instance - not able to recover virtual machine

Hello,

I am working on a project where I am deploying Vsphere Replication (VR) 8.4 in a single instance of vcenter 7 with the following architecture:

• 2 ESXI 7 hosts (not clustered)
  • no shared datastore
  • vcenter 7
  • VR 8.4
  • License Vsphere Essential plus kit

Currently the VR is fully deployed and the replication tasks are defined and working well. For testing purposes, I have replicated some VMs from ESXi host 1 to ESXi host 2. The status of these replications is OK. But when I try to do a recovery of one of the VMs, at step 3 when I have to choose the host resources I want to replicate the VMs to, I am not able to select anything. When I click on one of the hosts, I can't select it. But when I try to go to the next step, I get this message: "select a host, resource pool or cluster". I point out that before I attempt recovery, I shut down the source VM and remove it from the vcenter inventory. I even tried deleting the VM from the inventory and datastore but still the same problem.

What should I do? Is there a step or configuration I missed somewhere?

The VMware documentation says that this is possible in this type of architecture but I can't find any other specific information regarding the recovery of a virtual machine in the case of a single vcenter instance.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
ashilkrishnan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi @koba12 ,

Please share screenshot of the recovery wizard.

0 Kudos
koba12
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, here is the screenshot

0 Kudos
koba12
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry, here is the screenshot for the recovery wizard.

0 Kudos
ashilkrishnan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Thank you for the screenshot. Do you see anything when you expand 172.30.1.3 & 172.30.1.4 ?

0 Kudos
koba12
Contributor
Contributor

No @ashilkrishnan, I don't see anything when I expand the hosts 172.30.1.3 & 172.30.1.4.

0 Kudos
koba12
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Is no one able to help with this issue ?

Please

0 Kudos
koba12
Contributor
Contributor

@ashilkrishnan,

No feedback from you for 2 days now.
You know if you need more information just let me know and i'll provide it.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
ashilkrishnan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi @koba12 ,

Its a weird one. Can you try creating a folder under one of the hosts and try pointing to that folder ?

If you still face issues, it might either be a simple UI issue or a bug and my suggestion would be to raise a SR for support to have a look.

0 Kudos