VMware Cloud Community
resteves
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vSphere Replication - stop replication of already removed VM

Hi,

I was replicating a VM using vSphere Replication, and i removed and deleted that VM from vCenter and i forgot to remove it before from vSphere Replication.

Now when i try to Stop the replication of that VM that no longer exists i get this error:

Unable to compute permissions. See the log for more details.

Anyone knows how i can remove it from vSphere Replication?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
resteves
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thankx,

In order to fix my problem, i deleted the vSphere Replication appliance and redeployed it again.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
rh5592
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi,

That error is actually listed in vSphere Replication Release Notes under Known Issues: VMware vSphere Replication 5.5 Release Notes

In rare cases, vSphere Replication displays a stale replication instance when the replicated virtual machine is deleted from the source site.

Attempting to stop the replication displays an error: Unable to compute permissions. See the log for more details.

Workaround: None.

Regards. ================================================= "If found useful, kindly mark answers Correct or Helpful " http://rh5592.com =================================================
resteves
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thankx,

In order to fix my problem, i deleted the vSphere Replication appliance and redeployed it again.

0 Kudos