VMware Cloud Community
anothervsphereu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vSphere Replication site pairing issue

I had four 6.7 vCenters in linked mode.   Two of these have SRM 8.3.1 and VR replication registered against them.  And a third vCenter has just VR registered against it.

I recently upgraded the vCenters to 7.0u1d.  Generally speaking, the upgrades went OK but I have been fighting some issues with vSphere Replication since the upgrade.  When I log into the DR UI, I get a message that the lookup service on one of the vCenters cannot be contacted and it gives me a 404 error.  I have restarted all the replication appliances, still get the error.  However, all the VM replications are still functional.

I opened a case with VMware.  The Engineer manually unregistered the HMS plugin from the MOB on all the vCenters.  Then he used jXplorer to also remove the lookupservice registrations.  Then we registered all the VR appliances again.  Still got the same error when logging back into the DR UI.  The engineer said it must be something with PSC replication, so he opened a case with the PSC group.

PSC engineer basically did the same thing of unregistering VR from the MOB and from the lookup service using jXplorer (did this twice) and then we reregistered them all again.  Same lookup service error.  So she is sending the case back to the VR group.

While waiting on that, I found that the error is being caused by a site connection between two of the VR appliances.   I removed that connection and now I do not get the error.  However, if I try to add the site connection back, I get the following error:

“Unable to connect to Lookup Service at https://vcentername:443/lookupservice/sdk.  Reason: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Certificate thumbprint mismatch.”

Again, there are no VM replication issues, and I can successfully pair between other sites.  It is just this one site pairing that has an issue.  In the above error, what certificate is it referring to?  I was thinking Lookupservice certificate, but both of the VR appliances in question can successfully register against their respective vCenters, and each of the VR appliances can pair with another common site.

Anyone have any idea how to resolve this?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
anothervsphereu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

After working on this some more myself, and with Vmware support (still not resolved), I can now see the site connection again, but the appliances will not connect.  When I try to reconnect them, I get this error Unable to retrieve vSphere Replication summary data.  I also get this error if I try to break the site pair either gracefully, or using the force option.  

Anyone ever see this error before?

0 Kudos
cambe1
Contributor
Contributor

I just had the same Issue I am using vSphere replication 8.0.4. Break the connection and then  Log in to each of the appliances via  Gui and restart. After restart pair the connection and you should be good to go.

0 Kudos