VMware Cloud Community
JWolberg82
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vSphere Replication running on vCenter 6.7 in linked mode

Hello-

I am running two vCenters, both 6.7, with each having their own embessed PSC in linked mode.  I have two standalone VRAs in each vCenter.  After registering one of the appliances, I go to create a new site pair.  One of my vCenters already shows up in the "First Site" list.  I enter the info for the second vCenter, accept the cert, but nothing shows up in "Select the vCenter server you want to pair".  I've entered the PSC info for both vCenters to no avail.

Does anyone know if this is a supported configuration?  I am starting to think that linked mode just doesn't work in this sort of setup.  The reason I have two vCenters is for redundancy purposes so I can failover easily if my main vCenter were to go down.  I'm thinking that I might just have to have two separate vCenters managed on their own instead of linked.

Suggestions?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rodhnnyA
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vSphere Appliance configuration error: com.vmware.hms.config.error.SolutionUserCreationError: Unable to create principal. at com.vmware.hms.config.helper.SolutionUserHelper.createSolutionUser(SolutionUserHelper.java:80) at com.vmware.hms.config.VrConfig.reconfigVr(VrConfig.java:381) at com.vmware.hms.config.VrConfig.expressSetup(VrConfig.java:322) at com.vmware.hms.config.cli.command.ExpressSetup.run(ExpressSetup.java:57) at com.vmware.hms.config.cli.command.CommandBase.run(CommandBase.java:292) at com.vmware.hms.config.cli.App.run(App.java:139) at com.vmware.hms.config.cli.App.main(App.java:165) Caused by: (sso.admin.fault.DuplicateSolutionCertificateFault) { } at

Is there already a solutions user registered for vReplication? If you have the solutions user for vsphere replication you could try to remove it and as well remove the plugin from the MOB, then try registering again.

VCP-DCV6.5, NCSA-HC, NCDA-ONTAP

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
JWolberg82
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Just as an update to this.  The first appliance registeres just fine.  When I try to register the second appliance, it spits out this error:

vSphere Appliance configuration error: com.vmware.hms.config.error.SolutionUserCreationError: Unable to create principal. at com.vmware.hms.config.helper.SolutionUserHelper.createSolutionUser(SolutionUserHelper.java:80) at com.vmware.hms.config.VrConfig.reconfigVr(VrConfig.java:381) at com.vmware.hms.config.VrConfig.expressSetup(VrConfig.java:322) at com.vmware.hms.config.cli.command.ExpressSetup.run(ExpressSetup.java:57) at com.vmware.hms.config.cli.command.CommandBase.run(CommandBase.java:292) at com.vmware.hms.config.cli.App.run(App.java:139) at com.vmware.hms.config.cli.App.main(App.java:165) Caused by: (sso.admin.fault.DuplicateSolutionCertificateFault) { } at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62) at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45) at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423) at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:442) at com.vmware.vim.vmomi.core.types.impl.ComplexTypeImpl.newInstance(ComplexTypeImpl.java:174) at com.vmware.vim.vmomi.core.types.impl.DefaultDataObjectFactory.newDataObject(DefaultDataObjectFactory.java:25) at com.vmware.vim.vmomi.core.soap.impl.unmarshaller.ComplexStackContext.<init>(ComplexStackContext.java:30) at com.vmware.vim.vmomi.core.soap.impl.unmarshaller.UnmarshallerImpl$UnmarshallSoapFaultContext.parse(UnmarshallerImpl.java:159) at com.vmware.vim.vmomi.core.soap.impl.unmarshaller.UnmarshallerImpl$UnmarshallSoapFaultContext.unmarshall(UnmarshallerImpl.java:105) at com.vmware.vim.vmomi.core.soap.impl.unmarshaller.UnmarshallerImpl.unmarshalSoapFault(UnmarshallerImpl.java:92) at com.vmware.vim.vmomi.core.soap.impl.unmarshaller.UnmarshallerImpl.unmarshalSoapFault(UnmarshallerImpl.java:86) at com.vmware.vim.vmomi.client.common.impl.SoapFaultStackContext.setValue(SoapFaultStackContext.java:40) at com.vmware.vim.vmomi.client.common.impl.ResponseUnmarshaller.processNextElement(ResponseUnmarshaller.java:127) at com.vmware.vim.vmomi.client.common.impl.ResponseUnmarshaller.unmarshal(ResponseUnmarshaller.java:70) at com.vmware.vim.vmomi.client.common.impl.ResponseImpl.unmarshalResponse(ResponseImpl.java:277) at com.vmware.vim.vmomi.client.common.impl.ResponseImpl.setResponse(ResponseImpl.java:233) at com.vmware.vim.vmomi.client.http.impl.HttpExchangeBase.parseResponse(HttpExchangeBase.java:156) at com.vmware.vim.vmomi.client.http.impl.HttpExchange.run(HttpExchange.java:53) at com.vmware.vim.vmomi.client.http.impl.HttpProtocolBindingBase.executeRunnable(HttpProtocolBindingBase.java:226) at com.vmware.vim.vmomi.client.http.impl.HttpProtocolBindingImpl.send(HttpProtocolBindingImpl.java:106) at com.vmware.vim.vmomi.client.common.impl.MethodInvocationHandlerImpl$CallExecutor.sendCall(MethodInvocationHandlerImpl.java:629) at com.vmware.vim.vmomi.client.common.impl.MethodInvocationHandlerImpl$CallExecutor.executeCall(MethodInvocationHandlerImpl.java:610) at com.vmware.vim.vmomi.client.common.impl.MethodInvocationHandlerImpl.completeCall(MethodInvocationHandlerImpl.java:360) at com.vmware.vim.vmomi.client.common.impl.MethodInvocationHandlerImpl.invokeOperation(MethodInvocationHandlerImpl.java:311) at com.vmware.vim.vmomi.client.common.impl.MethodInvocationHandlerImpl.invoke(MethodInvocationHandlerImpl.java:203) at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy78.createLocalSolutionUser(Unknown Source) at com.vmware.hms.config.helper.SolutionUserHelper.createSolutionUserImpl(SolutionUserHelper.java:94) at com.vmware.hms.config.helper.SolutionUserHelper.createSolutionUser(SolutionUserHelper.java:78) ... 6 more

0 Kudos
JWolberg82
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I should also note that when I go to register another replication server, the one on the other linked vCenter, that it's not present in the list.  No VMs from the other linked vCenter show.

0 Kudos
M_Meuwese
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Is there already someone that identified the solution for this problem? i'm running into the same issue when we rebuild the VR after several strange issues with URL null messages. As there were no threads on this topic the decision was to rebuild the VR and see if that resolved the issue. Now we face the error while registering:

vSphere Appliance configuration error: com.vmware.hms.config.error.SolutionUserCreationError: Unable to create principal. at com.vmware.hms.config.helper.SolutionUserHelper.createSolutionUser(SolutionUserHelper.java:80) at com.vmware.hms.config.VrConfig.reconfigVr(VrConfig.java:381) at com.vmware.hms.config.VrConfig.expressSetup(VrConfig.java:322) at com.vmware.hms.config.cli.command.ExpressSetup.run(ExpressSetup.java:57) at com.vmware.hms.config.cli.command.CommandBase.run(CommandBase.java:292) at com.vmware.hms.config.cli.App.run(App.java:139) at com.vmware.hms.config.cli.App.main(App.java:165) Caused by: (sso.admin.fault.DuplicateSolutionCertificateFault) { } at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62) at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45) at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423) at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:442) at com.vmware.vim.vmomi.core.types.impl.ComplexTypeImpl.newInstance(ComplexTypeImpl.java:174) at com.vmware.vim.vmomi.core.types.impl.DefaultDataObjectFactory.newDataObject(DefaultDataObjectFactory.java:25) at com.vmware.vim.vmomi.core.soap.impl.unmarshaller.ComplexStackContext.<init>(ComplexStackContext.java:30) at com.vmware.vim.vmomi.core.soap.impl.unmarshaller.UnmarshallerImpl$UnmarshallSoapFaultContext.parse(UnmarshallerImpl.java:159) at com.vmware.vim.vmomi.core.soap.impl.unmarshaller.UnmarshallerImpl$UnmarshallSoapFaultContext.unmarshall(UnmarshallerImpl.java:105) at com.vmware.vim.vmomi.core.soap.impl.unmarshaller.UnmarshallerImpl.unmarshalSoapFault(UnmarshallerImpl.java:92) at com.vmware.vim.vmomi.core.soap.impl.unmarshaller.UnmarshallerImpl.unmarshalSoapFault(UnmarshallerImpl.java:86) at com.vmware.vim.vmomi.client.common.impl.SoapFaultStackContext.setValue(SoapFaultStackContext.java:40) at com.vmware.vim.vmomi.client.common.impl.ResponseUnmarshaller.processNextElement(ResponseUnmarshaller.java:127) at com.vmware.vim.vmomi.client.common.impl.ResponseUnmarshaller.unmarshal(ResponseUnmarshaller.java:70) at com.vmware.vim.vmomi.client.common.impl.ResponseImpl.unmarshalResponse(ResponseImpl.java:277) at com.vmware.vim.vmomi.client.common.impl.ResponseImpl.setResponse(ResponseImpl.java:233) at com.vmware.vim.vmomi.client.http.impl.HttpExchangeBase.parseResponse(HttpExchangeBase.java:156) at com.vmware.vim.vmomi.client.http.impl.HttpExchange.run(HttpExchange.java:53) at com.vmware.vim.vmomi.client.http.impl.HttpProtocolBindingBase.executeRunnable(HttpProtocolBindingBase.java:226) at com.vmware.vim.vmomi.client.http.impl.HttpProtocolBindingImpl.send(HttpProtocolBindingImpl.java:106) at com.vmware.vim.vmomi.client.common.impl.MethodInvocationHandlerImpl$CallExecutor.sendCall(MethodInvocationHandlerImpl.java:629) at com.vmware.vim.vmomi.client.common.impl.MethodInvocationHandlerImpl$CallExecutor.executeCall(MethodInvocationHandlerImpl.java:610) at com.vmware.vim.vmomi.client.common.impl.MethodInvocationHandlerImpl.completeCall(MethodInvocationHandlerImpl.java:360) at com.vmware.vim.vmomi.client.common.impl.MethodInvocationHandlerImpl.invokeOperation(MethodInvocationHandlerImpl.java:311) at com.vmware.vim.vmomi.client.common.impl.MethodInvocationHandlerImpl.invoke(MethodInvocationHandlerImpl.java:203) at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy78.createLocalSolutionUser(Unknown Source) at com.vmware.hms.config.helper.SolutionUserHelper.createSolutionUserImpl(SolutionUserHelper.java:94) at com.vmware.hms.config.helper.SolutionUserHelper.createSolutionUser(SolutionUserHelper.java:78) ... 6 more

Actions taken:

removed the extension from:

Managed Object Type: ManagedObjectReference:ExtensionManager

Managed Object ID: ExtensionManager

called: com.vmware.vcHms

checked the users list for any user called "vr" (did not exist).

Till now no resolution found...

Best regards, Martin Meuwese
0 Kudos
JWolberg82
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I came to the conclusion that it's just not compatible with linked mode.  As soon as I broke my vCenters apart ( pain in the butt by the way ) it worked fine.

0 Kudos
rodhnnyA
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vSphere Appliance configuration error: com.vmware.hms.config.error.SolutionUserCreationError: Unable to create principal. at com.vmware.hms.config.helper.SolutionUserHelper.createSolutionUser(SolutionUserHelper.java:80) at com.vmware.hms.config.VrConfig.reconfigVr(VrConfig.java:381) at com.vmware.hms.config.VrConfig.expressSetup(VrConfig.java:322) at com.vmware.hms.config.cli.command.ExpressSetup.run(ExpressSetup.java:57) at com.vmware.hms.config.cli.command.CommandBase.run(CommandBase.java:292) at com.vmware.hms.config.cli.App.run(App.java:139) at com.vmware.hms.config.cli.App.main(App.java:165) Caused by: (sso.admin.fault.DuplicateSolutionCertificateFault) { } at

Is there already a solutions user registered for vReplication? If you have the solutions user for vsphere replication you could try to remove it and as well remove the plugin from the MOB, then try registering again.

VCP-DCV6.5, NCSA-HC, NCDA-ONTAP
0 Kudos
brianmay777
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

This thread has been answered, but for others finding their way here Googling vSphere Replication registration errors I wanted to include additional info that helped me.  I was seeing the exact same block of registration errors when attempting to register a new vSphere Replication appliance.  The errors persisted after Unregistering the plug-in from the vCenter MOB.

Check to make sure that there are no old Solution User artifacts existing from previous installations.  In the vCenter Web Client (not HTML5) navigate to Administration -> Single Sign-on Users and Groups -> Solutions Users.  Check to see if there is an existing VR user.  In my case, I had an old com.vmware.vr-UUID user lingering.  Once that was removed I was able to register the new vSphere Replication install with no issue.

Regards,

Brian

omidkosari
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have exactly same problem . Unfortunately none of the workarounds does not work for me .

In Administration -> Single Sign-on Users and Groups -> Solutions Users I have no username which contains "vr" string so i can not remove and the problem persists .

0 Kudos
tanjil360
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Resolved my issue, after removing old solutions users.

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
RHari
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Man,

Could please explain the step?

I cant find any solution users for VR, 

If you find this answer helpful, please reward points by clicking "Correct Answer" or "Helpful Answer" Thanks, R.Hari
0 Kudos
li3pever
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

In my situation, I found that if I using the vCenterSA version after 6.7.0U2, then I cannot deploy the vSphereReplication v8.1.2/v8.2.0.1 on the same host, and I got the similar error just like the top thread. After tried so many combinations, finally I found If I separate them to different hosts, the deployment succeed.

0 Kudos