VMware Cloud Community
Adrian_Rodrigue
Contributor
Contributor

vSphere Replication appliance upgrade spawned endless attempts to "Apply Solution" to cluster

Has anyone had issues with vSphere replication appliance upgrades?

I have three vCenters each with a replication appliance registered to it. After upgrading all three to v8.8.0.22517539, two are fine but the one vCenter continually gets the task to "Apply Solution" and fails with "A general system error occurred: Solution specification in the image are incompatible with hosts Host1, Host2, etc".  It also Reconfigures the cluster with this message "Reconfigured cluster CLUSTERNAME in datacenter DCNAME Modified: configurationEx.dasConfig.admissionControlEnabled: true -> false; Added: Deleted:" Then continues to check the compliance of the cluster. All this several times per hour for each cluster. 

In the LCM, under Image Compliance, I get a message that reads: "The cluster needs remediation to finish enabling these Solutions: HBR solution component for ESX - version 8.0.2 build 22517424 8.0.2."

However, the LCM also says the hosts are incompatible with the image. The same image that is used for all the hosts in all our sites. Again, Only the one VC has this issue. The HBR 8.0.1 is installed on the hosts in the VC where the issue is but none of the other hosts in the other VCs have that installed. 

2 Replies
vishaltalele
Contributor
Contributor

I am also getting same error while deploying vSphere Replication appliance 8.8

0 Kudos
vishaltalele
Contributor
Contributor

any solution any one got for this

0 Kudos