VMware Cloud Community
Liam99
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vSphere Replication - Select Target Location - Permission to perform this operation denied.

I have two separate vSphere 6 environments both running vSphere Replication Appliances 6.1.1.13216.

The site A replication appliance can talk happily to site B with the status showing as 'OK' & 'Connected' in both sites

When I select a machine to protect on source site A and go through the wizard I get to see the list of datastore's on the target site B and choose my target. However when I click OK to move on to the next step in the wizard I get a "Permission to perform this operation denied." message popping up straight away and can go no further. I have tried to a number of different datastores all with the same result.

Some additional info, my target site B currently is doing storage replication to a third site C utilising SRM. This has been in place and working well for a couple of years, whereas the vSphere replication between A and B is new.

All user ID's defined in the vSphere replication are Administrators but it still won't let me get past the 'Select Target Location' page.

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Liam99
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I was able to resolve this issue by using the administrator@vsphere.local account to log into the web client and set up the replications.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Liam99
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I was able to resolve this issue by using the administrator@vsphere.local account to log into the web client and set up the replications.

0 Kudos