VMware Cloud Community
fieldingbr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vSphere Replication Plugin for vRO - Configure Replication

Good morning everyone.  I've installed the vSphere Replication plugin for vRO and am working on trying to run the workflow for "Configure Replication".  On the target site it is asking for the Datastore (item 2b).  There is no drop down item....only "search".  For the life of me I can't find the correct syntax for the use of Target Datastore.  Everything I try comes back with "Nothing Found".

Any ideas?

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
fieldingbr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I was able to find out the resolution with some prodding from VMware support.  Come to find out that the documentation for the vSphere Replication vRO plugin is somewhat lacking in explanation.  You have to run the "Register VC Site" workflow for each of the vCenters....I understand that.  What wasn't explained well enough was I ran that for every main vCenter object....but not EVERY sub-vCenter that had a paired relationship with the vCenter.  Once I did that....BOOM!....workflow works as designed. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jordanovi
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Could you try the same using the vSphere Web Client UI and check if you see compatible datastores on the same target ? If yes, with what name ?

0 Kudos
fieldingbr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

We are using the external vRO appliance and not the one built into vCenter.

0 Kudos
fieldingbr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I was able to find out the resolution with some prodding from VMware support.  Come to find out that the documentation for the vSphere Replication vRO plugin is somewhat lacking in explanation.  You have to run the "Register VC Site" workflow for each of the vCenters....I understand that.  What wasn't explained well enough was I ran that for every main vCenter object....but not EVERY sub-vCenter that had a paired relationship with the vCenter.  Once I did that....BOOM!....workflow works as designed. 

0 Kudos