VMware Cloud Community
IanB72
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vSphere Replication - One way replication

Hi.

Just wondering if anyone could please shed some light on a question that I have in relation to vSphere Replication and one way replication as I'm struggling to find any related documentation.

We have two sites hosting an ESXi 5.0 cluster at each site. I have set  up vSphere Replication between the two clusters replicating a number of VMs from Site B to Site A. The VMs are happily replicating between sites, however I'm now at a point where I want to halt replication and use the VMs at Site A. I do not want to replicate back to Site B even in the event of a disaster.

I've created a Protection Group and Recovery Plan and successfully migrated a test VM to Site A. I no longer require replication nor the copy of the VM at Site B. I loked at to 'Remove Replication' on the VM but from what I've read this will actually delete the VM at the replicated site, i.e. Site A (where I want to now run the VM from).

How do I best remove the replication without destryoing the VM at Site A? Can I just delete the VM at Site B from the disk?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Biliana
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

If you have successfully recovered your VMs from site B to site A, then you can safely remove the replication using the Remove replication button. This will just clear your replication. It won't remove the running recovered VMs at site A.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Biliana
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

If you have successfully recovered your VMs from site B to site A, then you can safely remove the replication using the Remove replication button. This will just clear your replication. It won't remove the running recovered VMs at site A.

0 Kudos
IanB72
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks - works a treat.

I still have to manually delete the old source VM from Site B and then removed the Protection Group and Recovery Plan if no longer required. But this causes no issues and the VM at Site A keeps on running.

0 Kudos