VMware Cloud Community
leotaglietti
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vSphere Replication - One to Many

Hello Folks. 

I can't find any VMware documenation just like I can't configure it in my lab. 

I'm able to replicate the virtual machine using vSPhere Replication inside of the same vCenter to different datastore. However, I'm not able to create "secndary" replication to another datastore. I can't find any opption to replicate the same VM to a second datastore and when I try to create a new replication job of the VM which already is assoicated to replication job the VM isn't showing up to be selectable to create a new replication. 

vSphere Replication is able to replicate the same virtual to the two different datastore at the same time?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
depping
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Any given VM can only be replicated to 1 datastore, there's no "one to many" at this time for a single vm.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
depping
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Any given VM can only be replicated to 1 datastore, there's no "one to many" at this time for a single vm.

BivasM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have not heard of one to many replication. However if you are trying to keep multiple instances of the same vm (if that is your real goal) you can take a look at vsan (if its suitable for your environment). Increasing the FTT Value will define how many redundant vm's are in your environment.  

leotaglietti
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I already suspected but I could not find any VMware documentation with this clear information. Thank you so much!

0 Kudos