VMware Cloud Community
VelociraptorBlu
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vSphere Replication - Initial copy

Hi everyone,

I have a hard nut to crack, maybe just for me, anyway I didn't find this functionality while setting up vSphere Replication. I mean “Initial copy” known from hyper-v. This is a good solution to initialize a large size virtual machine and save it to an external drive. After restoring the machine from initial copy in the second site, you only need to replicate the differential blocks. This is a good solution if you don't have a fast link in between sites.

Does vmware have a similar solution?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Moderator: Thread moved to the vSphere Replication area.

I think this is what you're asking about: Replicating Virtual Machines Using Replication Seeds

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Moderator: Thread moved to the vSphere Replication area.

I think this is what you're asking about: Replicating Virtual Machines Using Replication Seeds

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
VelociraptorBlu
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

scott28tt you are right!
Thank you very much for your help!

Best Regards

0 Kudos