VMware Cloud Community
1MarkM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vSphere Replication 8.2 to 8.3 (in place upgrade) - No Seamless disk re-sizing for you

Folks:

Once I read the "What's New" for the 8.3 vSphere Replication release.... this was manna from heaven-

Seamless disk re-sizing. You can increase the virtual disks of virtual machines that are configured for replication, without interruption of ongoing replication. The virtual disk on the target site will be automatically resized. For more information about the feature, see Increasing the Size of Replicated Virtual Disks.

I immediately did a in place upgrade from 8.2 to 8.3....... but no Seamless disk re-sizing for me!

After comparing the upgraded 8.3 hbrsvr.xml file to a native 8.3 hbrsvr.xml file the settings to enable "Seamless disk re-sizing" are missing. VMware support suggested adding these missing options to the .xml file. That did not enable the ability to do seamless disk re-sizing.

Vmware support unfortunately is now suggesting a forklift upgrade (replacing my current VR appliances with a "native" 8.3 version).

I hope you have better luck.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
1MarkM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Here is the clarification-

To use this feature, you need vSphere 7.0 on the source site and vSphere 6.5 or later on the target site.

Increasing the Size of Replicated Virtual Disks

View solution in original post

1 Reply
1MarkM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Here is the clarification-

To use this feature, you need vSphere 7.0 on the source site and vSphere 6.5 or later on the target site.

Increasing the Size of Replicated Virtual Disks