VMware Cloud Community
goodface
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

upgrade vsphere replicaiton

i upgrade vcenter , esxi to 6.5 u1 then i upgraded vsphere replicaiton from 6.0 to 6.5 now i want to configuration my vsphere replication but i cant see menu on configuration tab. what is problem ?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Seems like the OVF environment may be missing or corrupt. See here: Checking and restoring the OVF context of the vSphere Replication Appliance (2106709) | VMware KB

This can sometimes happen during upgrade, and symptom is that your appliance shows as a vsphere replication server, as in your screengrab.

It is mentioned in 6.5 release notes also: "Important: Before you initiate an upgrade, verify that the vSphere Replication appliance has an OVF environment, or context"

The vSphere Replication appliance changes to a vSphere Replication server after the upgrade

If you do not check the OVF context of the vSphere Replication appliance before you perform an upgrade, and the upgrade operation does not fail, the upgraded vSphere Replication appliance appears as a vSphere Replication Server. The data about replications that were configured before the upgrade is lost.

Workaround:

VMware vSphere Replication 6.5 Release Notes

0 Kudos