VMware Cloud Community
TNSCjhull
Contributor
Contributor

replication to disparate VMware datacenter

What are the requirements for replication respective to the receiving or target side?  I maintain a separate hosted environment in a DR site and I would like a client to replicate to the DR site which is separate from the source environment.  Can I replicate to a disparate (VMWare) datacenter or must I still within the boundaries of the (VMWare) datacenter.  Of course I have connectivity to the DR site (target) from the client (source) site.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
vbrowncoat
Expert
Expert

With vSphere Replication as long as there is connectivity between the vCenters and VR appliances you can replicate between vCenters. You would deploy a VR appliance with each vCenter, connect them, then configure your VMs for replication.

Does this answer your question?

0 Kudos
TNSCjhull
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply...  to further clarify, you would connect the VR applicances to each other, not the actual (VMWare) Datacenter.  One other question, I can selectively replicate VM's correct, I do not need to replicate all of them right.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
vbrowncoat
Expert
Expert

Not sure what you mean by "VMware Datacenter"? You would connect the VR appliances to each other. VR is configured on a VM by VM basis, you definitely don't need to replicate all.

0 Kudos