VMware Cloud Community
sparkblaze
Contributor
Contributor

re-initiate replication after stopping throws error about corrupt or unsupported disk

Evening all,

Recently we've upgraded from vSphere 6.0 to vSphere 6.5 and some new vSphere Replication appliances.

When I either add a new disk and Reconfigure Replication or go through the process of increasing the size of a replicated disk, when it comes to the reconfiguring bit, it fails around 15-20% and says that "The virtual disk is either corrupted or not a supporteded format".

If I delete the CTK files, then I can get the VM to replicate again, but I'm trying to do this via a vRealize Orchestrator workflow and would rather not have to program in logic of deleting CTK files.

I didn't find this issue when going through the processes with vSphere 6.0, so I'm not sure why I'm getting it now.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
hussainbte
Expert
Expert

What is the version of vSphere replication you are using.

Can you check if the below KB applies to the situation

VMware Knowledge Base

If you found my answers useful please consider marking them as Correct OR Helpful Regards, Hussain https://virtualcubes.wordpress.com/
0 Kudos
sparkblaze
Contributor
Contributor

Those are the steps that I use when extending, it falls down when it comes to reconfiguring the replication after increasing the disk sizes and renaming the datastore folder back. The linked article for standalone replication servers doesn't offer much further insight either.

vSphere and vSphere Replication are both 6.5.1 (vcsas are 2924, repl in 2243)

0 Kudos
vFouad
Leadership
Leadership

Hi sparkblaze,

Check the size of the disks on the primary and replication sites from the cli ( ls -la don't use -h ) you will probably notice that one is a slightly different size... That is typically the source of this issue.

Let us know what you find Smiley Happy

0 Kudos