VMware Cloud Community
Eugene_Chua
Contributor
Contributor

WebUI unavailable after vSphere Replication upgrade from 8.4.0.4 to 8.5.x

After upgrading vSphere Replication from 8.4.0.4 to 8.5.x, the WEB UI has an "unrecoverable connection error" occurred and we are unable to access the WebUI anymore. We are still able to SSH in and it seemed like the tomcat service is unable to start.

Would anyone knows which are the logs we could check to find out on this issue ? 

We suspect that the workaround we did https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/87125 in 8.4 is causing the issue as the tomcat version is different in 8.5, but there is no way to revert the workaround other than snapshot which we don't have anymore as it has been a few months.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
vFouad
Leadership
Leadership

The Log4J workarounds were tested for the 8.5 upgrade, so I'm curious to hear you are having issues...

Did you open an SR with support? Please DM me the SR# if you want me to take a look...

Thanks,

Fouad

0 Kudos
Eugene_Chua
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Fouad,

It may not necessarily be the log4j workaround, but the only change we had done recently is that. The only other changes we can think of is configuring (removal) of weak ciphers last year for some ports. I have PMed you the SR.

Because when we upgrade from 8.4.0.3 to 8.4.0.4 there is no issue, the issue only happens when it is upgraded to 8.5.x. we realize that the tomcat version is different in 8.5.x compared to 8.4.0.4.

0 Kudos