VMware Cloud Community
orlando84
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Vsphere Replication - target site

Hello.

I have a dude; I have Vcenter Server and Vsphere Replication, so my question is; Can I add multiple target sites (different vcenters)?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Yes, you can register multiple sites, but you need vR appliances at every site which will be a target. Please read the product documentation as all of this (plus more common questions) is covered.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

vSphere Replication is a one-to-one VM mapping and not one-to-many. While you can replicate to multiple vCenters, only one VM can be replicated to one target vCenter.

0 Kudos
orlando84
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

OK. I understand one VM can be replicated to one site, that's clear. Only my doubt was if I can add multiple target sites, because I need replicate VM1 to site1, and VM2 to site2, so is it possible? Do I need one VR or two on source site to reverse replication?

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Yes, you can register multiple sites, but you need vR appliances at every site which will be a target. Please read the product documentation as all of this (plus more common questions) is covered.

0 Kudos
diegodco31
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Complementing the answer of daphnissov

Please, check if the following VMware KB article helps:SRM Multi-Site Options - Virtual Blocks

Diego Oliveira
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/dcodiego
0 Kudos
vishy3
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have a similar question

I have two remote sites at different locations replication VM's to primary site. They have their own dedicated network for replication.  Primary site has one vcenter with replication manager 8.1 and same for remote sites.

Added second network for Remote Site A and updated IP for incoming storage traffic with Remote Site A network address including VMkernel at host level. All works well for Remote Site A

Now how can I add Remote Site B into same Appliance configuration also IP for incoming storage traffic for Remote Site B.  

Thanks in Advance...

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

This isn't really a "similar" question, so in the interest of maintaining organization I'd recommend you open a new thread to receive responses there.

0 Kudos
vishy3
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Done, thankyou

0 Kudos