VMware Cloud Community
cfsullivan
Contributor
Contributor

VSR: Unable to Choose Specific Datastore Folder for Target

Using vSphere Replication to set up a VM, on the Target DataStore step there is no option to choose a specific folder within the datastore. In earlier versions I did have that option and it was helpful for keeping things organized. I can't find any way around this other than the extremely convoluted method of creating a folder beforehand and copying the source VMDKs to it as seeds.

Can anyone think of a reasonable way to accomplish this? In any case, I would like to see this functionality returned.

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
cfsullivan
Contributor
Contributor

A couple of things I realized after posting this......

- Even the convoluted method of creating a folder and populating it with seeds doesn't solve the problem. A folder named after the source VM still gets created at the root of the data store for the files besides the VMDKs. Something obvious that I missed.

- This functionality limitation is not only present in new VSR versions, but is inherent to vSphere 6.7 I believe. For example, when migrating a VM you can't choose a subfolder on the target data store. I think that could be done in earlier versions.

0 Kudos