VMware Cloud Community
muhammadamir
Contributor
Contributor

VMware vSphere Replication Appliance (Latest Version - 8.4.0) - Issues.

Hello Support, after upgrading to latest VMware vSphere Replication Appliance (Latest Version - 8.4.0) - Issues, after login into the getting this error "Permission to perform this operation was denied." the previous versions upgrade 8.3.0 don't have this issue, right after upgrading to this latest 8.4.0 can't login into the Appliance issues. Using the same exact credentials as well. Please, help ASAP.

Moderator edit by wila: Moved post to vSphere Replication discussions

3 Replies
ashilkrishnan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi @muhammadamir

Post upgrade to 8.4, additional steps are required and admin needs to be configured 

Please perform steps mentioned under 'What to do next'   -->  VR 8.4 upgrade 

Login to VR VM console using root user and configure admin user by running: passwd admin

Register VR with vCenter --> Register VR 8.4 to vCenter using new VAMI interface 

Hope that helps

Please mark my comment as the Correct Answer/Kudos if this solution resolved your problem

Tags (1)
muhammadamir
Contributor
Contributor

@ashilkrishnanThank you very much. I was able to finally login as your instruction below with the Admin account. I have attempting with root account, as all worked in previous versions of vSphere Replication Appliance. VMware should update some instructions or something as this latest version requires this additional steps to follow after the upgrade. I have been attempting few couple of days, without any luck.

I have upgraded: 8.4.0.10721 Build: 17703102.Is this the latest/greatest version? Also curious question, does this Appliance now have option to join to your network domain for two factor Authentication, the previous versions didn't so wondering. Appreciate it.

Issues Resolved

0 Kudos
ashilkrishnan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@muhammadamir ,

Yes, 8.4 is the latest. It's still kept as a simple appliance and adding to domain or two factor authentication are not available.

AD users can be granted access to vSphere replication through vCenter, so not sure if there will be an option to add vSphere replication to a domain.

Please mark my comment as the Correct Answer/Kudos if this solution resolved your problem

0 Kudos