VMware Cloud Community
thhg
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Unable to login into VRMS VAMI

Running 8.4

Am able to access replications / add / edit replications. All other functions appear to be working ok

In VCenter Server and go into Menu / Site Recovery, It shows message "Not Accessible"

However, I can click on the Site Recovery link and login into Site Recovery using my administrator@vsphere.local

But, cannot login into VAMI on port 5480 using the same administrator@vsphere.local credentials

I get the message :  Cannot complete login due to an incorrect token, user name, or password

I'm able to login as root on the console

Steve

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ashilkrishnan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi @thhg ,

vSphere replication VAMI portal can only be accessed using root credentials. Did you try to login to VR VAMI using root credentials ?

0 Kudos
PheakdeyKH
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I have the same problem after upgrade VR8.3 to VR8.5 user admin cannot log in. error message "cannot complete login due to an incorrect token, username or password".

root credential doesn't allow for UI login. 

Regards,

Pheakdey

antoniomlg
Contributor
Contributor

We have the same problem too! 😞

And our vcenter is displaying the following

antoniomlg_0-1655370851116.png

0 Kudos
Daniel_Georgiev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

probably you don't set an admin user password, depends on the version.

Excerpt from the documentation to try (https://docs.vmware.com/en/vSphere-Replication/8.4/com.vmware.vsphere.replication-admin.doc/GUID-B04...

12. Configure a password for the admin account by using the virtual machine console in the vSphere UI.

a) Login to the vSphere Replication console with the root user and the old password.

b) Assign the admin user password from the console by using the passwd admin command.

Hope this helps,

Daniel G.

0 Kudos