VMware Cloud Community
salmanearn
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to Connect to remote site

I am trying to set replication between two site. How ever when i try to connect to the remote site its is failing with the following error.

Unable To Connect to remote site.jpg

Can it be related to some firewall port blocking any feed back will be appriciated . The ping reply is coming perfectly fine from the remote site .

Thanks

regards

Salman

Tags (1)
10 Replies
Biliana
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Could you tell what is the fault cause of the task? You can see more task detail by pointing the mouse on the Status of the task.

0 Kudos
salmanearn
Contributor
Contributor

When I try to connect to remote site with Remote Site Vcenter IP ,Username and password .The process ends with the following screen .

Site Paring or break operation failed .

Click on the image it will enlarge

Thanks

0 Kudos
mmarinov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You should enter remove VC's IP or resolvable domain name in the address field. The machine where the vSphere Web Client is must be able to resolve your target address.

Martin Marinov VMware Software Engineer If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points
salmanearn
Contributor
Contributor

Yes i have used both the VC ip and FQDN of VC .Its not working

First Screen.jpg

2nd .jpg

3rd.jpg

4th.jpg

Please click on the image it will enlarge Smiley Happy Hope Some one answer.

Thanks

0 Kudos
vilinski
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Salman,

If you try the pairing operation from the remote site to the local, do you get the same error?

Regards,

Vasil

0 Kudos
salmanearn
Contributor
Contributor

Yes the error is the same ,The only thing which could come to my mind is that the primary Site VC(Vcenter) is joined to AD but Secondry Site (Vcenter)VC is not joined to AD. But i can ping each other just fine . 

Can this be the cause of it . 

0 Kudos
salmanearn
Contributor
Contributor

VRM Server generic error. Please check the documentation for any troubleshooting information. The detailed exception is:

This is the error coming up any idea ????

0 Kudos
mvalkanov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

Full details of the error should be visible in VRMS logs at /opt/vmware/hms/logs/hms.log. Please check the logs at the VR appliance at both sites.

Also the details should be visible in the UI following these steps: select a vCenter Server in the Web Client, select Monitor tab, select Tasks tab and then hover with the mouse over the status value.

Regards,

Martin

salmanearn
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks every one ,I just figured out the problem .

If you are having a problem with getting these two pairing to work, then DO NOT sit there and remove the appliance and rebuild it 4x like i did. simply edit the hosts file of each VM replication appliance and add the vCenter servers of both sides. To do so

Follow this steps on both the VM Replication Appliance.

vi /etc/hosts
2.i {insert}
3.IP_OF_VC_1 {tab} FQDN {tab} hostname
4.IP_OF_VC_2 {tab} FQDN {tab} hostname
5.{escape button}
6.:wq

or

search google for vsphere-replication-cannot-pair-vrms-servers-with-vrm-server-generic-error"

Thanks

Regards

Salman Earn

brunoscota
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I Can't belive..

it happened to me, and i had to log on ssh host's and do the disable command manually to STOP the actual replication, because my vms was reporting "RPO Violation"

And after that, i did shutdown my appliance. But now i want to remove my application. How is the best way to do that?

Thank you

0 Kudos