VMware Cloud Community
raffic_ncc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Unable to Connect to Target Site in vSphere replication

I have 2 sites. I have connected to VR target site from primary to secondary site but when i try to connect to target site from Secondary to primary. I am getting the below error:

Token expiration date is in the past.

It seems like time issue. I have configured Same time at all my hosts

2 Vcenters servers

2 VR appliances

2 ESXi hosts

Still I am getting the same error when i try to connected to my primary site from secondary site. Any help is appreciated

Mohammed

Mohammed Raffic VCP4,VCP5,VCAP4-DCA,VCAP5-DCA,VCP-Cloud, MCSA.MCTS,CCA http://www.vmwarearena.com
18 Replies
VMADMINAAA
Contributor
Contributor

got to your VAMI and try to recreate the SSL Certificate and and save and restart service. Let me know if that works.

0 Kudos
Gelats
Contributor
Contributor

i have the same issue and it does not work for me

0 Kudos
PKaufmann
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

same problem here..

on both sites we have a fresh deployed vcenter and replication appliance..

replication from site A to vcloud air is working fine

replication from site A to site B gives the "token expiration date is in the past" ..

any help is appreciated ..

0 Kudos
emild
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Could it be a time synchronization issue? Are the both sites using the same NTP server? If not - you may have a look here VMware vSphere Replication 6.1 Documentation Center

0 Kudos
PKaufmann
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

NTP is configured correctly, but the replication appliances are using different ntp servers.

I have a case with VMware open, but after 2 weeks - no success 😕

0 Kudos
emild
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Is there a significant network latency between sites? Could there be time sync issue between the NTP servers used? If feasible you could try to use a single NTP server for both sites and see if this fixes the problem.

0 Kudos
PKaufmann
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

latency to one site is about 170 ms (Hamburg -> Chennai, India)

latency to another site is about 222 ms (Hamburg -> Chile, south america)

replication to vcloud air is working fine, latency is about 125 ms..

Currently I am waiting for the network guys to allow NTP Traffic to one single NTP server.

Then all replication appliances will use the same NTP Server..

Let´s see if this helps while waiting for the vmware support..

0 Kudos
skykid
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

If the issue still exists after using the same NTP server, please contact vmware support and engineers can give support as soon as possible. Thanks!

0 Kudos
skykid
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

Could you please tell me the case number and GSS contact person in VMware? I will talk to him offline. Thanks!

0 Kudos
PKaufmann
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

I am not sure if I should post the name of the support engineer in a public forum Smiley Wink

It´s case no. 15791218210

Still waiting for the network department ..

0 Kudos
PKaufmann
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

so, NTP Server is changed on all replication appliances to the same server.

manual time update was working

ntp log shows synchronization succeeded

But pairing the replication sites is still not working, same issue "token is in the past" 😞

0 Kudos
skykid
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I have sent email to the case owner, but received no response from him. You can ask him the email content and solution for the issue. Thanks!

0 Kudos
PKaufmann
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

already did, but till now, no response Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Konstantin_P
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Have the same issue. Still no resolution for me.

Vcenter's was updated from 5.5 U2.

0 Kudos
PKaufmann
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi to all with the "token expiration in the past" issue.

I was informed by VMware Support that this issue will be resolved in the next update of the replication appliance (6.1.1),

which will be available appr. in Q2 2016.

It is possible to get a hot patch for specific environments (this will take appr. 4-6 weeks).

the error only occurs when the latency is higher than 130ms between the two locations.

The 130ms are a rough estimate because replication to vcloud air is working for us and we have a latency of 125ms to vca..

0 Kudos
bondspot
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah,version 6.1.1 solved my problem with connecting two sites so upgrade or deploy new VR and try.

best regards

Jakub

0 Kudos
tobiekwe
Contributor
Contributor

I encountered this very issue and was able get through only by upgrading the VRA from  6.1.0 to 6.1.1. Thanks to Bondspot's post.

0 Kudos
Spot711129
Contributor
Contributor

1. In the VR manage GUI go to "Configure" regrant certificate and "save setting", then wait to complete.

2. In the VR manage GUI go to "Configure" and Unregister the VR from vCenter ,then wait to complete.

3. In the VR manage GUI go to "Configure" and "save setting..." again, then wait to complete.

4. In the vCenter web client refresh the status, check the VR item it's OK.

0 Kudos