VMware Cloud Community
elvin93
Contributor
Contributor

Replication issue VMware vSphere Essentials Plus Kit

Good day everyone,

maybe already disscussed such topiks, but in additionally I would like to introduce my situation as well,

i would like to replicate the virtual machines for if we face such problems, internet shutdown, or master site is distorid we need additionally side to restore all virtual machines in short time, as our industry is Hospitality. 

Lets introduce my situation and what I would to do:

1 Site: 

2 -pcs HPE ProLiant DL385 Gen10 2 x EPYC 7302 16-core - each

1- pcs HP Storage 2040

2 Site: 

2 - pcs HPE DL380 Gen9 Intel® Xeon® E5-2683v4 2.10 (2 processor) 32 Cores - each

1 pcs - HP 2060 storage

Each Sites I would like to install VMware vSphere Essentials Plus Kit with Replication function.

so my question is it correct wey what I would like to install and how many times take to switch on the Virtual Machines on second Site if heppned disaster.

and how will be work Fault Tolerance process.

Sorry for my English

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
stadi13
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi @elvin93 

Fault Tolerance is not inclueded in vSphere Essentials Plus. You can use vSphere replication. I personally would recommend using Veeam Backup & Replication and setup a replication job from there. Also keep in mind that the HPE MSA 2040 is no longer supported with vSphere 7.0. So would it be possible to switch the HPE MSA 2040 with the MSA 2060?

Regards

Daniel

Tags (1)
0 Kudos