VMware Cloud Community
balajisubramani
Contributor
Contributor

Replication between VVOL Target datastore.

Dear All,

Vsphere version - ESXi 6.5

Replication  - VMRC 6.5

I tried to configure replication between our DC and DR using VVOL as target datastore. i can able to configure replication, but it can ended with error state and throws message as below.

Issue,Type,Trigger Time,Status

"BASISTEST replication error: A replication error occurred at the vSphere Replication Server for replication 'BASISTEST'. Details: 'Error for (datastoreUUID: "vvol:1b96bde5906e47e1-8e0841552b224ebb"), (diskId: "RDID-d8c546e8-3b50-49b7-ada4-2bf758d32dc6"), (hostId: "host-35"), (pathname: "naa.60002AC0000000000000011A0000452C/BASISTEST.vmdk"), (flags: retriable): Class: NFC Code: 10; NFC error: NFC_DISKLIB_ERROR (One of the parameters supplied is invalid); Set error flag: retriable; Can't get block allocation information on remote disk'.",vSphere Replication,25-07-2017 10:43:57,Alert

i tried to find related KB's and documents for the above error and for replicaiton configuration between VVOL datastore but unable to find anything. i will be very helpful for us if any documents share or issue resolution.

Thanks & Regards

Balaji

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
parmarr
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello,

Have you tried reaching out to the storage vendor to see if everything on their end is working fine?

Sincerely, Rahul Parmar VMware Support Moderator
0 Kudos
vCLS
Contributor
Contributor

I'm receiving a VERY similar error.  Did you find a resolution?

0 Kudos
Lexion
Contributor
Contributor

I'm recieving a similar error too.

I open SR on Vmware but it's very long process. My storage is 3par.

I found one interesting feature , when i launch repl , target vvol create cfg , source vmdk but not create hbr .vmdk

I think may be problem in this

0 Kudos
ewattnem
Contributor
Contributor

How did it go with VMWare?  Did you get it resolved?  I have the same issue.

0 Kudos
AlphaPapa
Contributor
Contributor

Me too. It seems to be an issue with the VASA provider.

2019-09-06T07:36:45.378Z error vvold[2099311] [Originator@6876 sub=Default] VasaOp::IsSuccessful [#3

3652]: allocatedBitmapVirtualVolume transient failure: 9 (INVALID_ARGUMENT / Invalid argument / )

I have the issue only with VMDKs > 32GB and only if the traget datastore is VVOL, 32GB are fine, 33GB fails, VMFS6 as target works too.

Has anyone more infos on that issue? I've opened a ticket with HPE and VMware.

0 Kudos