VMware Cloud Community
CBMUN
Contributor
Contributor

Replication Appliance - vcenter server port grayed out

Migrated a vcenter server from 6.0 windows/SQL to 6.5 appliance/embedded. The migration assistant was throwing an error for port 80. Seems the SQL Report Manager had grabbed port 80 in the original config and vcenter had used port 81. We modified the SQL port and changed vcenter 6.0 back to port 80 to continue with the migration.

Prior to migration the 8.1 replication appliance was using port 81 for the 6.0 vcenter server.  Now it's causing errors.

Is there a command line method of modifying this to port 80 without reinstalling/reconfiguring the replications?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
vmrale
Expert
Expert

Hi,

You could try to unregister the vSR Appliace and register it once again on vCenter's port 80.

Register the vSphere Replication Appliance with vCenter Single Sign-On

Check if there're any contraindications first.

Regards
Radek

If you think your question have been answered correctly, please consider marking it as a solution or rewarding me with kudos.
0 Kudos
CBMUN
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply.

The vami configuration is showing the VRM service as stopped. Using the correct lookupservice hostname and SSO credentials, a Save and Restart will timeout on the "Verifying LookupServices SSL certificate" and throw a red error "Unable to obtain SSL certificate: org.apache.http.conn.HttpHostConnectException: Connect to 'myhostname':81 ['myhostname'/'myipaddress'] failed: Connection timed out (Connection timed out) "

An Unregister attempt will throw a red error "The appliance has to be configured correctly for unregister to work".

0 Kudos
vmrale
Expert
Expert

You can try to manually unregister vSR Appliance

Unregister vSphere Replication from vCenter Server If the Appliance Was Deleted

Regards
Radek

If you think your question have been answered correctly, please consider marking it as a solution or rewarding me with kudos.
0 Kudos
vijayku
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

as per the problem description, the issue seems to be with the lookup service, can you check if the lookup service is running on the intended default port.

0 Kudos
CBMUN
Contributor
Contributor

Found the xml replication configuration file vSphere Replication Configuration Files  and changed port 81 to 80.

The change appeared in vami on next logon.

Did a 'Save and Restart Service' and the VRM service started.

After a 'Reconfigure Site Pair' in Site Recovery, everything is good so far.

0 Kudos
vmrale
Expert
Expert

Great! This was the last resort and I've kept this at the end, because it demands testing and is rather undocumented.

Thank You for your answer. This could help someone in the future.

Have a nice day!

Regards
Radek

0 Kudos