VMware Cloud Community
MikeErter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Protecting VMs with SRM and vSphere Replication

Hi everyone,

We were using SRM with Array Based Replication.  For reasons that are a long story, we can't use array based replication anymore.  I'm switching to vSphere Replication now instead and I've successfully installed it at both the Protected and Recovery sites.   I see that I can just configure vSphere Replication on a per-VM basis.  Is that all there is to it with vSphere Replication?  Is there no longer any concept of Recovery Groups and Recovery Plans, etc.? Is it just down to per-VM?

Sorry for such a basic question, still getting used to vSphere Replication...

Thanks!

1 Reply
hussainbte
Expert
Expert

The replication configuration is the 1st Step. once the Appliances for vSphere replication are deployed from SRM you will have them available as a mode of replication.

When you try to create a new protection group it gives you an option of using array based replication and vSphere replication. when you choose vsphere replication the replicated VMs can be configured for protection.

If you found my answers useful please consider marking them as Correct OR Helpful Regards, Hussain https://virtualcubes.wordpress.com/