VMware Cloud Community
burdweiser
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Problem with vCenter and replication communications

I have an open support case for this that has not been resolved yet. I want to see what responses I get here.

Here is my setup. I have two datacenters and two separate vCenter servers. No firewalls blocking in between or at the OS level. I originally had everything working in ver 5.1 (vCenters and replication appliances). After upgrading to 5.5 (vCenters and replication), I am no longer able to configure replication. I deleted and redeployed the vSphere replication appliance (ver 5.5). Everything successfully registers when the appliance deploys (using a static address). In my Denver vCenter server, both appliances list as "enabled (OK)" for both datacenters. In my Dallas vCenter server, only the Dallas replication appliance shows as "enabled (ok)" and the Denver shows as "Not installed" (screenshot attached). I am also attaching the screen shot of the message when I attempt to configure replication.  I have deployed the appliances with top level permissions in vCenter. The Dallas vCenter uses port 81 for communication and Denver uses port 80. Could that have anything to do with it? Strange that it all worked in ver 5.1.

0 Kudos
0 Replies