VMware Cloud Community
Lyvig1
Contributor
Contributor

No host can be used to access datastore path '[] .vmdk

I have 2 sites the protected site and recovery site. between these two sites there is no firewall.

Site Aand B protected and recovery I have vCenter 7.0.2 , vSphere Replecation appliance 8.4 

When I set up replecation I get the following error

No host can be used to access datastore path '[] .vmdk

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
vFouad
Leadership
Leadership

The VM isn't encrypted is it?

I'm assuming you have a VC on each side of this and a VR appliance installed against each VC?

Build numbers would be helpful.

Can the appliance ping the hosts on the other side (both ways)?

Can the hosts hit port 31031 on the replication appliance on the remote side.

Is the hbr and hms services on the replication appliances running?

and all the hosts per cluster on each side can see all the datastores the cluster has access too right?

Thanks,

Fouad

0 Kudos
ArnoKattenpoelO
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @vFouad ,

Running into the same issue with a clean install of vsphere 7.0.3f and vreplication8.5.0.4. Hosts can ping\resolve each other + vcenter.

Port 31031 is accessible, services are running. Only thing is we are using local datastores so your question if all the hosts can see all the datastores, no they cannot. Documentation said this should be possible.

Only thing I notice is that as soon as I setup replication for the vcenter it tries to install a certain vib, Or so I assume, but the install fails everytime. There is only a indication in the logs about accessing port 80 with a certificate which fails its handshake. What would be weird since normally services on 80 are http and do not require ssl\tls.

0 Kudos