VMware Cloud Community
tobhof
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

LookupService Configuration Fields missing

Hi Community,

I have upgraded my environment from vsphere 5.5 to 6.0. After that also updated my vSphere Replication from 5.8 to 6.1. After the upgrade I should configure SSO connection. But I do not see the configuration fields for SSO in the webinterface of the replication appliance.

Do somebody have an idea? Or can I configure LookupService on the appliance console?

Many thanks

Timo

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mvalkanov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Can you try from another browser (or clear cache and cookies)? There is a known issue with the VAMI UI pages not always automatically refreshed after upgrade.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mvalkanov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

The only officially supported way to configure VR with LookupService and SSO is through the appliance VAMI UI.

What does the title of the VAMI UI page show - vSphere Replication Appliance or vSphere Replication Server?

Does /opt/vmware/etc/vami/ovfEnv.xml contain ve:vServiceEnvironmentSection element?

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos
tobhof
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

yes, this section exist in the xml file.

VAMI UI shows "vSphere Replication Appliance"

I can also see the configuration for VMR Host, VRM Site Name, vCetner Server address .... but not for Lookup Service Address and SSO user.

Regards

Timo

0 Kudos
mvalkanov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Can you try from another browser (or clear cache and cookies)? There is a known issue with the VAMI UI pages not always automatically refreshed after upgrade.

0 Kudos
tobhof
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

you are my hero!! Using a different browser solved the problem. Sometimes the easy things will help Smiley Happy

Many Thanks

Timo

0 Kudos