VMware Cloud Community
CaryTompkins_DS
Contributor
Contributor

Is vSphere Replication automation available with newer releases?

It has been a few years (and a few version iterations) since this question has been asked, and I'm hoping the answer will be different at this point. 

I am looking for a way to automate initial configuration of vSphere Replication.  I doesn't matter if it is API based, ESXCli or PowerCLI Cmdlets. 

Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
dbalcaraz
Expert
Expert

Hello,

There is information about, it seems that with the .ovf tools someone used a script to configure the deployed tool.

More information: https://www.virtuallypeculiar.com/2017/06/automating-vsphere-replication.html

Script used: GitHub - happycow92/vsphere-replication-deploy: Script to deploy vSphere Replication appliance from ...

-------------------------------------------------------- "I greet each challenge with expectation"
0 Kudos
rajen450m
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi Cary,

Yes you can automate vSphere Replication using vRealize orchestrator.

Refer to the below blog post, which explains and has a demo to how to automate?

Using vRealize Orchestrator 7.3 to Automate vSphere Replication 6.5 | Victor Virtualization

Regards,

Raj M Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue. Visit www.hypervmwarecloud.com for my blog posts, step-by-step procedures etc.,
0 Kudos
CaryTompkins_DS
Contributor
Contributor

I'm sorry my original ask was not specific enough.  We have the Replication appliance online and configured.  Where we struggle is when a client comes to us and says they want their servers replicated and they provide a list of 20-30 servers.  It would be much easier if we could automate the initial replication setup of the VM in the environment.

0 Kudos