VMware Cloud Community
xspader
Contributor
Contributor

DR Site for replication

Hi all

I've been looking around and cant find anything that explicitly states that vsphere replication will work with vcenter ELM. I'd prefer not to assume that it does, so would appreciate it if someone has any insight into this. 

After reading some of the discussions I figure I'll need to break my sites out from the single vcenter instance, create a separate vcenter in the DR site and reattach the hosts there to it. Ideally I'd like to connect these in ELM to make management easier while both sites are up, but will keep separate if ELM is a problem with vsphere replication

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ashilkrishnan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi @xspader ,

vSphere replication can work with both - vCenter servers in ELM and standalone vCenter servers. 

Hope that answers your question.

0 Kudos
xspader
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks @ashilkrishnan . Just trying to come up with a reasonable solution incase the Prod site disappears. Ideally I'd like to use ELM to stick with a single vcenter and have that as a 'hot spare' but I dont believe it works that way.

I'll split my sites into 2 different vcenters tomorrow and reconfigure everything for the DR site and then link them in ELM and finish my replication setup.

Appreciate your help

0 Kudos
Kirby23
Contributor
Contributor

Hello.,,,

An alternative site is needed for recovery from disasters that threaten your main site's operative condition or even physical existence.

Is This Helpfull??

myaarpmedicare

0 Kudos