VMware Cloud Community
cypherx
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Connection error dialog box after a weekend but everything looks good

Hello,

This started happening since moving some machines to vSphere replication.  After the weekend and I come in on monday morning and unlock my PC, then I see this dialog box refering to connection error and it has the IP address of the remote site vSphere replicaiton appliance.  "Call "HmsRemoteSiteManager.FindHmsServerByUuid" for object "site-manager" on Server "10.30.1.63" failed."

I check the vSphere replication under Site Recovery Manager and everything looks good.  So is this some kind of false positive then?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
cypherx
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

This happens daily when I come in.  I check the replication status and all 21 VM's are in the green with Success.  I think this is a false positive, nuisance error as a result of keeping the vSphere client on 24/7.  I can't find anything wrong at all so this error message can be filed under "the boy who cried wolf" folder.

0 Kudos
rachelsg
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi

Welcome to communities.

Yes your are right , some time it gives wrong alerts .

To overcome this you might need install hotfix .

0 Kudos
cypherx
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Where is the hotfix for this?  I assume its for the vSphere client since that is what is generating the dialog box?  It happens every single day.  My original post said weekend, but no... if I leave vSphere client connected 24/7, lock my screen when I leave work... the next morning when I unlock my screen the message is there waiting for me.

Its consistent, like clockwork, and always repeatable, therefore I am surprised that entering this message into internet searches only return this thread or other forum aggregators that reference this thread.

0 Kudos