VMware Cloud Community
Marek_G
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Configuration error

HI all,

pls i have questation about configure appliance. I try configuring, fill PSC , approve certificate , select vcenter. But after click next webpages return error: dr.fault.ServiceNotFound...

Vcenter we upgrade from 6.7 to 7.0.3 and PSC is migrated to vCenterServer....

Vcenter is in version 7.0.3

Replication is verison 8.6.0

Must install some in the vcenter server ? Or must run service ?

thanx

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rennylui-2
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Encountered the exact same issue with the same product mix 

vCenter upgraded from 6.7U3 to 7.0U3, deployed a fresh vSphere Replication 8.6.0 and encountered the same dr.servicenotfound error whenever trying to connect to the upgraded vCenter.

It took a couple of months to fix this with a ton of support tickets and all the nitty-gritty … what was done in summary 

1. cleaned up stale records in vCenter

2. unregistered old/deleted plugins

3. refreshed the vCenter machine SSL cert

4. Ran lsdoctor to rebuild the vcenter database

A sense of jubilation when it was finally fixed. Kudos to Vmware support and professional services! 

View solution in original post

12 Replies
maksym007
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Did not understand what exactly planning to do. 

Where is a problem? in vCenter or in Replication 

0 Kudos
stadi13
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi marek,

I would recommend to open a support case with VMware. Otherwise we need more information like printscreen oder logs to be able to help you. Was the vCenter upgrade to 7.0.3 successfull and you have problem with the srm appliance or do you struggle with vCenter and migrating external PSC into VCSA?

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos
Marek_G
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Marek_G_0-1669148020820.png

We have trouble with configuration applance ....

0 Kudos
Marek_G
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi we migrate from 6.7 to 7 with migrate PSC to VCS.... After this we unstall replication appliance. But after i try configure appliance, configuration return error.... Pls where i get detailed logs ? Which service is missing ? Or after select vCenterSever and click next the wizard cannot find vcs ?

thanx

0 Kudos
stadi13
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Which version  vSphere Replication are you running? Sounds like an incompatibility. Dou you have an active support subscription?

0 Kudos
Marek_G
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

We have Vmware vceter 7.0.3

Replication 8.6

I try connect to another PSC with same version and this works... 

0 Kudos
stadi13
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Do you have an active support subscription for vSphere? If yes, you should open a support case with VMware. Otherwise we need logfiles from vCenter and replication appliance

https://docs.vmware.com/en/vSphere-Replication/8.5/com.vmware.vsphere.replication-security.doc/GUID-...

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/1021804

Regards

0 Kudos
rennylui-2
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vCenter upgraded from 6.7U3 to 7.0U3, deployed a fresh vSphere Replication 8.6.0 and encountered the same dr.servicenotfound error whenever trying to connect to the upgraded vCenter.

It took a couple of months to fix this with a ton of support tickets and all the nitty-gritty … what was done in summary 

A sense of jubilation when it was finally fixed. Kudos to Vmware support and professional services! 

Marek_G
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

thank you very much. its working...

0 Kudos
GetC00777
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Can I ask, what did you do to fix this?

0 Kudos
Marek_G
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

GetC00777
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Spoiler
Spoiler
Thanks very much for the detailed response. We will give this a try. 🙂
0 Kudos