VMware Cloud Community
sandroalvesbras
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Change VM settings with vReplication

Hi,

when i enable vsphere replication on a VM can i edit the hardware settings (CPU and RAM) of the replicated VM on the target?

At the destination I don't have enough resources to connect all the VMs, so the moment I decide to connect I want to reduce the hardware configuration or even leave it configured with smaller resources at the destination.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lucasbernadsky
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi there! vSphere Replication does not support changes on the replicated VM. The only way to achieve this is by changing the source VM resources, which I believe it is not what you need.

What do you mean by "connect all the VMs"? I you don't have enough resources to power on the VMs, i suggest you change the VM resources before powering on manually. Take in consideration that some applications and operating systems are sensitive to this changes and it may cause you some licensing problems, for example.

Powered Off VMs only consume storage resources so when you need to power on the replica, you can manually change the resources before yo turn it on.

Regards!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
lucasbernadsky
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi there! vSphere Replication does not support changes on the replicated VM. The only way to achieve this is by changing the source VM resources, which I believe it is not what you need.

What do you mean by "connect all the VMs"? I you don't have enough resources to power on the VMs, i suggest you change the VM resources before powering on manually. Take in consideration that some applications and operating systems are sensitive to this changes and it may cause you some licensing problems, for example.

Powered Off VMs only consume storage resources so when you need to power on the replica, you can manually change the resources before yo turn it on.

Regards!

0 Kudos
sandroalvesbras
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

connect means connect.

So I can reply and when I call, change the settings first.

Yes, we are aware of sensitive applications.

Thank you.

0 Kudos