VMware Cloud Community
FriendzKnight
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Cannot access VAMI

Hi,

I was trying to install my first vSphere Replication Appliance into the vCenter Appliance 6.5.

vSphere Replication Appliance 6.5

vCenter Appliance 6.5

vSphere ESXi version 6.0

After the Replication Appliance has been deployed from the OVF template, and powered ON I am unable to open https://<vsphere_replication_ip>:5480/

All I am getting is that the site cannot be reached.

I tried to delete the virtual machine and re-deploy it but still the same result

Accessing the Replication Appliance through SSH,

localhost:~ # systemctl status hms.service

hms.service - vSphere Replication Management Server

Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/hms.service; enabled)

Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Wed 2016-12-07 09:46:23 NZDT; 1h 8min ago

Process: 2570 ExecStartPre=/opt/vmware/hms/bin/checkHmsConfigured.sh (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Process: 2503 ExecStartPre=/opt/vmware/hms/bin/checkHmsAppliance.sh (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Dec 07 09:46:23 localhost.localdom systemd[1]: hms.service: control process exited, code=exited status=1

Dec 07 09:46:23 localhost.localdom systemd[1]: Failed to start vSphere Replication Management Server.

Dec 07 09:46:23 localhost.localdom systemd[1]: Unit hms.service entered failed state.

This might be because that it is not configured. But, without accessing the VAMI at 5480, how can I configure the replication appliance. I am stuck here. Can some one please shed some lights here, it would be really helpful

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Is it possible that you deployed the appliance from a direct vSphere Client connection to the ESXi host?  If so, please try deploy using the Web Client instead.

Otherwise, maybe something wrong with the specific OVF so you could try downloading a new copy. It should be ready to register with the PSC right after deployment.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Is it possible that you deployed the appliance from a direct vSphere Client connection to the ESXi host?  If so, please try deploy using the Web Client instead.

Otherwise, maybe something wrong with the specific OVF so you could try downloading a new copy. It should be ready to register with the PSC right after deployment.

0 Kudos
FriendzKnight
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I am downloading the ISO for Replication Appliance again. I will let you know the result shortly.

I will unregister the extension from the vCenter Appliance, delete the current replication appliance and deploy to the vCenter from the web client.

0 Kudos
Koptan
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi P_hall

i tried different packages and still the same result, i'm also deploying using web client

hms.service is enabled but failed to start with error:

process 2752 ExecStartPre=/opt/vmware/hms/bin/checkHmsAppliance.sh (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

is there a way to troubleshoot this issue further ?

i also happened to find the following services disabled

console-shell.service

console-getty.service

hcs.service

kexec-load.service

klog.service

ntpd-wait.service

ntpd.service

sshd.service

vami-lighttp.service

vami-sfcb.service

vaos.service

thanks.

0 Kudos
panhia
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I ran into similar issue.  I get the vsphere replication failed to start management service.  I can login in all but when I go to configure, this brand new vRA is seeing my old vcenter.

have a support ticket open and will work with support to troubleshoot tomorrow.  they're not sure what the problem is.

this upgrade has been nothing but headaches!

0 Kudos