VMware Cloud Community
romar
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Can not pair sites in vSphere replication 6.1

Hi all

I'm facing with an error during pairing sites. Replication used to work in 5.5 version, but after upgrade I can't pair sites. DR location was built from scratch, with the same names for esx, vcenter and vr appliance servers. Also on primary site VR appliance was installed from scratch, only vcenter got updatet to version 6.x (latest)

Now when I wan't to pair a sites I get this error after succesfully login to DR PSC server:

pastedImage_0.png

and in hms.log:

pastedImage_1.png

Network is not an issue, because before upgarde replication did work without any issue, also I have populated hosts files with respective entrys on each sites, so ping with FQDN in working OK.

Any idea?

Than's in advance.

/R.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
romar
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

After adding port 443 to firewall exclusion the pairin goes fine.

VMware should update port requirements in documentation: VMware KB: Port Numbers that must be open for vSphere Replication 5.8.x and 6.0

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
vNEX
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi,

you wrote 6.x (latest)  but to be sure do you have vCenter 6.0U1?, see this KB article:

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=213026...

If you have 6.0 U1 in place and still experience same issue please post hms and vpxd.log files.

_________________________________________________________________________________________ If you found this or any other answer helpful, please consider to award points. (use Correct or Helpful buttons) Regards, P.
romar
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello, thanks for reply, both vcenetrs are 6.0 U1.

Looking the logs again I found this:

2015-12-03 06:28:10.882 ERROR hms.TaskRunnable [hms-main-thread-70] (..hms.task.TaskRunnable) operationID=838556a1-a32f-4618-904c-cb0ab7a42ad5-HMS-95076 | Task HTID-ae477038-a02d-4a19-bb13-de8cb1a8b44b failed

(hms.remote.fault.PeerTimedout) {

faultCause = null,

faultMessage = null,

originalMessage = Timeout while waiting for connection to peer,

address = DR-SITE-VC,

port = 443,

name = DR-SITE-VC,

uuid = 1a32242d-e42d-4d4e-8446-192dd5d63fb7,

site = MoRef: type = HmsRemoteHmsServer, value = HMSSRV-1a32242d-e42d-4d4e-8446-192dd5d63fb7, serverGuid = null

In required ports for vsphere replication there is no port 443 specified, anyway we will ask network team to add firewall rule and than try again.

Then I will post a logs if the issue will still persist.

/R.

0 Kudos
romar
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

After adding port 443 to firewall exclusion the pairin goes fine.

VMware should update port requirements in documentation: VMware KB: Port Numbers that must be open for vSphere Replication 5.8.x and 6.0

0 Kudos