VMware Cloud Community
Australadian
Contributor
Contributor

Blank details in Web Console (5.8)

I am not getting any stats from the web console's new reporting tool on 5.8.

vpxd log looks clean and I get other reports ok. The VM's by host is also a bit dodgy as it doesn't show all the hosts with VM's replicating.

Anyone seen this?

VRep_BLANK.jpg

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
mmarinov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

Regarding the replication stats:

The stats for VR are not loaded from the vpxd, but rather internal implementation.

Is this the same behavior when you chose custom time interval?

Also, could you share what is the average RPO you are using for your replications?

Regarding the hosts:

When the portlet is in original size it shows just the top two hosts. However if you maximize the portlet you will see all the hosts and the statistics about how many VMs are replicated per host.

Martin Marinov VMware Software Engineer If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points
0 Kudos
Australadian
Contributor
Contributor

Even full screen I don't get any other hosts. Nor when I change the date to week / month

This is a screen at my screen's 2550x1440:

VRep_BLANK2.jpg

All these are 24H RPO

0 Kudos
mmarinov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Sorry, for bringing the confusion. When I said maximize I meant to maximize just the portlet where the hosts are shown. You can see a maximize icon next to the tile Replicated VMs (by host) on the right side.

Martin Marinov VMware Software Engineer If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points
0 Kudos
Australadian
Contributor
Contributor

Oh, and right you are!

But i still have zero information from the stats graphs.

Anyone else seeing this behaviour on vCenter 5.5U2 with VR 5.8?

0 Kudos
mmarinov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Glad I've been in help.

Regarding other blank charts

- Can you try configure a new "fake" replication and see if this picture is changing

- you should open an SR and provide VR logs so Vmware employes can troubleshoot the problem.

0 Kudos
mmarinov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi again,

The VMware engineering nail down the issue and it turns out that it is observed only when VR 5.8 and SRM 5.8 are running in the same vSphere Web Client. Release notes of VR 5.8 have been updated: VMware vSphere Replication 5.8 Release Notes.Unfortunately there is no workaround.

We are working to resolve the issue.

Regards,

--Martin

Australadian
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for updating the post. Glad it's not me.

I'll keep an eye out for a KB fix or upgrade and post again.

0 Kudos