VMware Cloud Community
trailx
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Automating vSR 5.8 or vSR 6.0

Hi,

Is there any improvements for automating configure replication task ? Or may I have to use the wizard ?

Try to verify if there is any update with vim-cmd hbrsvc command on vSPhere 6.0 but nothing Smiley Sad

Do you have some best practices when you have to configure a lot of VM ?

Regards,

--- If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Biliana
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

You can select several VMs at once and use the multi-VM configuration wizard to setup them for replication all at once.

trailx
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Great, I missed that Smiley Wink

And what about automating ? I'm dreaming about a vCO plugin or a magic powerCLI cmd Heart

--- If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!
0 Kudos
Biliana
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Could you articulate more with examples on what use cases you would like to address with automation?

0 Kudos
trailx
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The aim is, in a vRA (vCAC) infrastructure with SRM and vSR, I'd like to offer a PRA feature (as an Action Item for example) when an end user requests for a VM or multiple VMs.

So, with SRM + vCO I'm able to automate my DR process but with vSR I'm not able to automate my replication... To conclude this solution is partially automated...

0 Kudos