VMware {code} Community
mbolton
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

viperltoolkit: handling with session timeouts

Hi,

I'm writing a program that will run continuously. It will connect to a bunch of virtualcenters and periodically grab data from them. At startup I'm creating a list of Vim objects, one for each virtualcenter and calling the login method. The documentation of the viperltoolkit says that the default session timeout is 30mins. Does this mean that after (say) 30mins any interaction with the virtualcenters will fail due to the session being timed out? If so, how can I catch/handle or prevent this?

Thanks,

Mark

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SaranshG
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Timeout is for the case of no activity - no server request made in 30 mins means session will expired.

This is the generally accepted notion of timeout. even for bank account activity.

The timeout is 30 mins from the last server request, if a request is made within 30 mins of the last request, the session will not timeout.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
SaranshG
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Timeout is for the case of no activity - no server request made in 30 mins means session will expired.

This is the generally accepted notion of timeout. even for bank account activity.

The timeout is 30 mins from the last server request, if a request is made within 30 mins of the last request, the session will not timeout.

0 Kudos