VMware {code} Community
mahe90
Contributor
Contributor

vCenter plug-in deployment.

hi,

I have developed the vCenter plug-in, in C#.net. Currently this plug-in will be installed at the vSphere client machine. This itself became big limitation now.

Typically, administrators connect to vCenter server using the more than one vSphere client from different machines. In this case, user have to install the plug-in on each and every machine which has the vSphere client, which seems to be unrealistic for customer.

Given above, I'm trying to figure out a way where we can deploy the plug-in on the vCenter server machine and each vSphere client connects to that vCenter should be able to pick up the plug-in and install it.

At the same time, I understand that VMware has given Webservices SDK, where you register the plug-in URL with vCenter server, that's it, each vSphere client will show up this plug-in , no need of installing this on vSphere client. I'm aware of this approach. But, I am not wanting to go for this approach for other reasons.

I would really appreciate if anyone has any thoughts on how to deploy/install .NET vCenter plug-in on vCenter server , so each vSphere client will pick up this plug-in.

Please let know.

thanks,

mahe

0 Kudos
1 Reply
fixitchris
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

My thought is to register a web plugin with the Vcenter server, that would be a web page with a list of links for your .NET plugins.  Each admin would have the web plugin and then they could click links on the page to install individual .NET plugins.

0 Kudos