VMware {code} Community
falseaccount
Contributor
Contributor

replacement for getConnectedUsers?

I'm new to this VMware thing. We are currently using GSX for our virtual machines and we can see if someone is connected by using the getConnectedUsers function on the VMPerl API. But, I've been told we're now going to ESX Servers Accessed through VirtualCenter and the legacy API's won't work. I've spent a few days reading through the manuals and looking on the forums and i can't find this functionality available in the new APIs. Can anyone provide any insight or clarification? I would really appreciate it.

Dave

0 Kudos
3 Replies
hrobinson
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Here's a script that will display connected users for a VC or ESX Server.

H

falseaccount
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the script. Sorry it took so long to respond. The session object only seems to show who is connected to the vmcenter. I need to find out who is using a particular Virtual Machine. The information doesn't even seem to be available in the client, though if I start a console multiple times, it will inform me of the number of other users connected.

0 Kudos
kcighon
Contributor
Contributor

I'm also looking for a solution to this. It seems to be a huge security hole especially in a VDI environment where administrators all have the same rights on a group of machines.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos