VMware {code} Community
listener
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

queue depth problem

I am trying to print out the queue depth but there is something about the value it does not like....

foreach my $host (@$host_views){

my $hbas = $host->config->storageDevice->scsiLun;

foreach my $hba (@$hbas){

#Common things to all HBAs

print join("\t", $host->name, $hba->vendor,$hba->queueDepth) . "\t\n\n";

I get the error

Use of uninitialized value in join or string at C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware VI Remote CLI\bin\queue.pl line 44.

vmshe-dell2950-03 NETAPP

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

A possible reason for seeing this error could be one or more values i.e. hba->vendor or hba->queueDepth are not initialized. As you will notice in the reference guide, both of these values are optional and might not have been set.

In case any of these values are unset, you will receive the error message "Use of uninitialized value at join..". In the error message and output you have presented, I only see the hostname being displayed, indicating that neither the vendor nor the queueDepth for the host scsi disk being queried are present.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

A possible reason for seeing this error could be one or more values i.e. hba->vendor or hba->queueDepth are not initialized. As you will notice in the reference guide, both of these values are optional and might not have been set.

In case any of these values are unset, you will receive the error message "Use of uninitialized value at join..". In the error message and output you have presented, I only see the hostname being displayed, indicating that neither the vendor nor the queueDepth for the host scsi disk being queried are present.

0 Kudos