VMware {code} Community
wzhou
Contributor
Contributor

how to add more performance metrics on VirtualCenter

Hi,

I am trying to write a program to collect workload "Memory Granted (Average/Absolute) in KB" through VirtualCenter. However, queryAvailablePerfMetric(...) returned only 7 perf metrics. And the only one related to memory is "Memory Usage (Average/Absolute) in percentage". I tried other intervals. The available perf metrics were same.

"Memory Granted" is available if I query ESX server directly, and the VirtualInfrastructure client when connecting to VirtualCenter is able to show this workload as well.

So is it an API available for me to add more perfmetrics so that VirtualCenter will provide "memory granted"?

Wei

0 Kudos
1 Reply
StefanPahrmann

Hi,

this has nothing to do with the API, but with the loglevel which is set through VC. In the menu select "Administration" and in the new window select "Logging Options". On default it is set to "Info" which gives you the information you've described. Setting it to higher/lower levels gives you more or less information.

But be aware of that it can have a major impact (perfomance and size) on your database, since it's all written in the DB.

-Stefan

0 Kudos