VMware {code} Community
StefanPahrmann

What happened with the "VI Perl toolkit"-community?

Hi,

anyone knows what happened with the VI Perl toolkit-community after the VMTN-upgrade? And what about the earned points from there, they just seem to vanished?

Regards

Stefan

0 Kudos
8 Replies
stumpr
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I was curious about that myself. I thought perhaps it was rolled up into another discussion, since lot of the cross talk was also with the other non-PowerShell APIs. Would be nice to have it back.

Reuben Stump | http://www.virtuin.com | @ReubenStump
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

All of the threads from the old VI Perl Toolkit community were moved into . All of the points migrated along with them. In other words, no threads were lost, and no points were lost -- they are all in .

Pablo (the developer product manager) and I moved the threads so that all of the VI Perl Toolkit threads would be in one place. Before the move, older threads were in the VI Perl Toolkit community and newer ones were in .

Robert Dell'Immagine, Director of VMware Communities

0 Kudos
StefanPahrmann

Thank you for your reply.

I found the threads in the Management API's, so this is right.

But I had approx 600 points before the merge and now I'm back at 421, so I guess this merge didn't worked right.

Regards

Stefan

0 Kudos
heyitspablo
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Stefan,

Ill work with Mr Robert D. about getting your points back,..

-Pablo

Keep up with latest info on vSphere PowerCLI http://blogs.vmware.com/vipowershell - Follow me on Twitter @heyitspablo
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

I'll investigate your points. That shouldn't happen. - Robert

0 Kudos
StefanPahrmann

Robert,

did you find something during your investigation? I'm still missing the points.

Regards

Stefan

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

I think I know what's happening, but I'm still investigating the fix. I have seen evidence to indicate your points are still in the database. I'll get back to you this week.

Regards, Robert

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi Stefan,

I did some research into the points calculator, and I can't find any evidence that you have lost any points or any threads. And when I say I did research, I really did an exhaustive investigation, including reading the source code for the points calculator and querying the database tables that hold the data used to make points calculations. I found the messages you posted in the old Perl Toolkit community, and your point total reflects them. I'm not sure what else to do at this point, since my investigation doesn't match with what you reported. - Robert

Robert Dell'Immagine, Director of VMware Communities

0 Kudos