VMware {code} Community
vjacob
Contributor
Contributor

VimServiceLocator.java is not getting created with the wsdl

Hi,

I am using vmware Infrastructure SDK 2.1 to create a custom utility to manage my ESX 3 boxes.

I am planning to use Oracle Jdeveloper as the IDE. I created a proxy ( stub) from the wsdl provided with the SDK, but cant see VimServiceLocator.java getting created.

here is the snippet from the login.java

VimServiceLocator my_locator = new VimServiceLocator();

i get "Type VimServiceLocator not found" error. I cant see VimServiceLocator.java getting created in my src directory. Is there a known limitation with Vmware SDK with the IDEs (other than AXIS may be) ?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
dmhaynes
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I would just just the vim-2.0.1.jar that comes with the SDK rather than try to get the IDE to re-generate the classes from the WSDL.

vjacob
Contributor
Contributor

hi,

thanks for the pointers. But my problem still remains even after adding the jar

a) i could not find vim-2.0.1.jar , but could find only vim.jar under samples/Axis directory. Do you mean the same jar file ?

b) As i understand, the this jar file is a sample jar file given if i am using AXIS right ? I am using Oracle Jdeveloper as the IDE and hence i might need to recreate entire stub/proxy from wsdl and the existing client classes may be of no help. Please correct me if i am wrong..

c) I tried even compiling the SimpleClient.java , even this gives similar errors.

I would really appreciate any help ..

thanks

Vinod

0 Kudos
dmhaynes
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes, I was referring to the one in the SDK/samples_2_0/Axis/java directory. I renamed it with the version number (which I would suggest VMware start doing).

AFAIK the choice of IDE has no bearing on whether you use the vim.jar or not. Apache Axis is the tool used to create the library of SOAP calls based upon the WSDL and should be independent of the choice of IDE.

As for your problems in compiling SimpleClient.java, I would suspect that you are missing one of the other jar files required to build it on your classpath. Are you getting compile-time errors or link-time errors. Post your errors and let's take a look.

These are the jar files I have in my classpath (you might not need all of them):

wsdl4j-1.5.1.jar, activation.jar, axis-1.4.jar, commons-discovery-0.4.jar, commons-logging-1.0.4.jar, jaxrpc.jar, jtds-1.2.jar, junit-4.2.jar, log4j-1.2.14.jar, mailapi.jar, vim.jar, commons.configuration-1.4.jar, commons-colllections-3.2.jar, commons-lang.2.3.jar, comons.cli.1.0.jar

You will not need the jtds-1.2.jar, instead replace it with your Oracle driver.

0 Kudos
v_potnis2001
Contributor
Contributor

I need to be able to generate stubs from vi 4.0 and I am running into exactly the same issue. Can you point me to the resolution of this issue?

0 Kudos
storm27
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Have you referred to the vSphere SDK developer's setup guide for the same?

here's the link:

0 Kudos