VMware {code} Community
cpjones44
Contributor
Contributor

VMWare vSphere SDK and PHP

Hi there,

I'm wondering if anyone has been able to get the VMWare vSphere SDK working using SOAP and PHP. We have recently upgraded our environment to vSphere and would like to explore the possibility of developing some tools to assist us with our tasks.

If anyone has been able to get this working under PHP, I'd be greatful if you could point me in the right direction to get me started.

Many thanks.

Chris.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
stumpr
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

There has been some work on it. I think a couple weeks ago I was working with someone on these forums who got a start on it. It's doable, but to be honest you'll likely have to write a wrapper around the soapclient to make it a bit more friendly to quickly program. There is a blog post by someone who did some early work with PHP and the SDK, but from the last thread I was on looks like it has changed enough that it may no longer work as it was written.

Run Virtual PHP Tutorial

Recent Thread Here

I'm not very heavy into PHP and would likely just recommend you look into Perl + Mason (or another template module) for easier development. However, maybe you can reach out to some of the parties from these forums who were interested in working with PHP in more detail for insights or perhaps more code samples.

Reuben Stump | http://www.virtuin.com | @ReubenStump
0 Kudos