VMware {code} Community
MircoZ
Contributor
Contributor

SOAP API Usage to Retrieve properties

Hello,

I need to implement an automation integration with vSphere using SOAP HTTP API call.

I am testing now each call I need using SoapUI interface, in order to implement later the call using an automation tool from where I can run HTTP methods.

At the moment I am able to run the login and to retrieve the responseHeaders, so that with the next call I can use the Cookie header.

It is working, I have also found in this forum an old post and I got from it the example.

What I need to do is to rescan, attach a new LUN as new datastore, format the disk and make it available.

At the moment I am able to check which disk are available, using the QueryAvailableDisksForVmfs call, but to do that I need the datastoreSystem name.

I am trying to use the RetrieveProperties call but from the documentation it is totally unclear, for me of course, which are the parameters to use in the several option.

I am trying in this way but it is not working

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:urn="urn:vim25">

<soapenv:Header/>

<soapenv:Body>

<urn:RetrieveProperties>

<urn:_this type="PropertyCollector">PropertyCollector</urn:_this>

<urn:specSet>

<urn:propSet>

<urn:type>Datastore</urn:type>

</urn:propSet>

<!--1 or more repetitions:-->

<urn:objectSet>

<urn:obj type="HostSystem">172.24.0.10</urn:obj>

</urn:objectSet>

</urn:specSet>

</urn:RetrieveProperties>

</soapenv:Body>

</soapenv:Envelope>

Let me know where I can find a more clear documentation on the usage of the SOAP call from a SoapUI client.

Thanks for your help

Mirco

0 Kudos
0 Replies