VMware {code} Community
zenocolo23
Contributor
Contributor

SDK/API/WSDL for VMware View Manager

Hi all, I'm sure this is the wrong forum to ask, since I found no View forum, I'm hoping someone here can help me out. I'm looking for a SDK/API/WSDL to extend/integrate VMware View Manager. In the documentation I found only a poor CMD tool. I've been told there is also a power cli interface for VMware View. Does someone know where to find this one of this API's, or is there only the CMD?

Thanks.

Philippe

0 Kudos
1 Reply
lamw
Community Manager
Community Manager

There is a View forum, it's actually under "Enterprise Desktop Products", I know it's not always the easiest to find where things are at.

Regarding an API for View, I'm not sure if there is one .... I know there is a CLI tool to do some management operations such as unmapping Linked Clones/etc. but it might just be a CLI tool hitting an internal undocumented API, not 100% sure.

You may wan to post in View forum and see if you can find anything - http://communities.vmware.com/community/vmtn/entdesk/view

I know one major limitations of all these "management" tools is that majority if not all have no API that you can extend OR perform the same operations using automated or CLI and must go through the horrible GUIs. This may be a feature in the next release of View 4.5 but won't know till that's out.

=========================================================================

William Lam

VMware vExpert 2009

VMware ESX/ESXi scripts and resources at:

Twitter: @lamw

VMware Code Central - Scripts/Sample code for Developers and Administrators

VMware Developer Community

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

0 Kudos