VMware {code} Community
vmpsp
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Query on modifying the refresh rate for run time perf statistics

Hi,

I would like to know if there are any APIs or commands available to modify the provider refresh rate.

For example when I am trying to retrieve the disk performance statistics from the PerfProviderSummary.getRefreshRate(), I see that the refresh rate is set to 20 seconds (by default). Calling PerfProviderSummary.setRefreshRate(5) does not have any effect on future calls and the refresh rate remains at 20 seconds.

esxtop does however allow to modify the refresh rate upto 2 seconds.

Thanks and Regards,

Prashanth

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi Prashanth,

It is not possible to change the real time refresh rate from 20 secs. The vim.PerformanceManager interface is limited to a 20 second minimum sampling period.

Also, it is always recommended to invoke QueryPerfProviderSummary API on the entity to check for the refresh rate and use that refresh rate to query for the performance statistics.

I hope this answers your concern!

- Angela -

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi Prashanth,

It is not possible to change the real time refresh rate from 20 secs. The vim.PerformanceManager interface is limited to a 20 second minimum sampling period.

Also, it is always recommended to invoke QueryPerfProviderSummary API on the entity to check for the refresh rate and use that refresh rate to query for the performance statistics.

I hope this answers your concern!

- Angela -

0 Kudos