VMware {code} Community
ckboon
Contributor
Contributor

How to Install VI SDK?

HI,

I downloaded vi-sdk-2.0.1-32042.zip so that I can use Sitescope to monitor the ESX servers.

BUT BUT, How do I install the sdk????

I need to point to https:///sdk.

I backed up the original vimService.wsdl to vimService.wsdl.org & vim.wsdl to vim.wsdl.org

before unzipping.

So, am I supposed to unzip the contents to "/var/lib/vmware/hostd/docroot/sdk" ?

After unzip, the directory contains:

doc\ samples_2_0\ vimService.wsdl vim.wsdl

Is that all? What am I supposed to do to?

The "GettingStarted201.pdf" guide is not helping either.

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
visual2me
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

in fact, it's not necessary to INSTALL the SDK. you just unzip the sdk, and add the jar files to your program...

if you use a different version of jre, you need to re-compile the source codes to generate new jar files.

for more details, you can refer to sdk installation guide, setup guide and sdk programming guide...

0 Kudos
ckboon
Contributor
Contributor

Question is, why do I unzip the files to?

On the ESX server or the VC server or even the Sitescope server?

The install guide is not helping.

I am running ESX 3.0.1 and it is using "jre 1.5.0_07". From the process list, it looks like it's running "apache-tomcat-5.5.17".

0 Kudos
bmani27
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

I think ur question is "Where to unzip the files" ? If so,

U can unzip the files to any machine and follow the instructions in the SDK installation guide. I think in ur case as u are going to monitor the ESX servers from the Sitescope server, u need to unzip the files to the Sitescope server.

Hope that Helps.

Thanks,

Mani

0 Kudos
fitzie22
Contributor
Contributor

good afternoon,

I am curious if you were able to figure this out.. I am in teh exact same boat as you are and I have no idea where to put these files or how to get openview talking with my hosts. any help woulf be great. I have 3.5 hosts so teh path for sdk is not as you had so i have no idea wheree that folder is... thanks again.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

You could try refering to which illustratesESX monitoring by sitescope.

0 Kudos